2-Step Verification - log in to webmail from external network
- When you log in to Webmail from external network, OTP (One Time Password *) must be required due to strengthen security from April 24, 2018.
*One-time password : One time disposable password issued every time.
When you connect to webmail from an off-campus network such as home PC, smartphone, etc., a 2 step authentication method will be taken to strengthen security.
It will be necessary to input "one-time password" in addition to "email address" and "password" to log in.
OTP will be sent to an email address other than [@chiba-u.jp].
To use this authentication system, it is necessary to access "User profile settings" from a terminal connected to the campus network, and register an email address other than [@chiba-u.jp] as the receiver the OTP.
Once setup is complete, a one-time password will be sent to your registered email address when you try to log in to webmail.
Enter your full university's email address and password, then click [LOGIN].
The one-time password input screen will be shown.
OTP will be sent to the registered email address.
Enter "one-time password", then click [send].
Login succeeded !!
- Webmail URL is not change. (https://cuacmsrv.chiba-u.jp/)
- The webmail login screen from external network is as follows.
*This login screen is shown from campus network.
- Login from campus network is as usual.
- Sending / receiving by email software, there is no influence.
- Click "User Profile Setting" and log in with user ID and password.
Click "Multi-factor authentication setting"
・【Where to send OTP】>>> Enter your e-mail address for receiving OTP.
- E-mail address to register: Please set an e-mail address (eg mobile phone e-mail) that can be checked immediately.
- After setting, 'Setting Complete Mail' will not be sent to registered address.
For setting method in case that several people use one e-mail address, refer to Q7 of Q&A.
|Refer to PDF file.|